What to take on a sailing yacht or boat
- Life jacket, harness if not included in lifejacket, lifeline.
- Anti-seasickness medication, one that suits you.
- Small First Aid Kit. The boat will have a more comprehensive kit
Personal - things you need.....
Day trips / Overnight
- Deck shoes (trainers might be OK) soft soled - not leather or black
soles. Some owners prefer separate shoes for going ashore.
- Shoes to wear below decks.
- Cap / sunhat / woolly hat
- Gloves (if you need) for handling ropes
- Sun cream
- Lip salve
- Sleeping bag
For longer trips
- Small rucksack for showers, shopping.
- Sea boots (not essential) if you have them, & socks.
- Small torch.
- Some people prefer their own pillow.
- Thermals - two layers at least.
- Gloves. Sealskinz are warm and waterproof,
- Large plastic bag to keep clothes dry.
- Plastic bag for laundry
- Spare glasses if needed.
- Personal First Aid / medication. Tell the skipper if you have a medical
condition (asthma, diabetes, etc).
- Pack everything in a soft holdall.
- If there is any item you must have (Marmite, Red Bush tea have
occurred) then pack it!
- Mobile phone 12v car charger
Other (if going foreign)
- E 111 medical card
- Travel Insurance
8th January 2011